Our sailors are offered preferred rates at the Magnuson Hotel and Marina Cove located at 6800 Sunshine Skyway Lane, St Petersburg, FL 33711of $69 or $89 per night plus tax.
Please contact the Magnuson directly and mention you are with SmarterSail. There are three food/beverage sources on premises. The Periscope
is a traditional sitdown restaurant and full bar. The NEPA Hut provides a great view, bar and limited food options.
During the day the Banyan Tree Grill provides soft drinks and grill fare. Two pools (one heated year-round), Jacuzzi, beach and tennis courts are available onthe property.
If you’re staying aboard at the marina the restroom/shower facilities are located in the hut between the pools. Internet access is on the Ethostream wireless network. Access is free. Check with the Hotel Front Deskfor access.
A Publix (1.2 miles) grocery, pharmacy and liquor store - 3030 54th Avenue South, 727.864.2030 Walmart (2.9 miles) goods, grocery,
pharmacy and liquor store –3501 34
th Street South, 727.866.1361 Skyway Jack’s (3.0 miles) 2795 34
th Street South, 727.867.1907, 5:00 am – 3:00 pm $2.99
8am weekdays, CASH only. Arguably the best breakfast in Florida.
Bob Evans (1.7 miles) 4900 34th Street S, 727.866.1166 O’Maddy’s (5.5 miles) Gulfport - restaurant, bar & water view – 5405 Shore Blvd S, 727.323.8643
Outback Steakhouse (8.2 miles) 1900 4th
Street N, 727.898.2016 The Wharf (6.1 miles) St Pete Beach, seafood - 2001 Pass A Grill Way, 727.367.9469 Papa John’s Pizza (1.6 miles) 5000 34
th Street S, 727.866.7200 Gigi’s Italian (7.1 miles) South Pasadena – 6852 Gulfport Blvd, 727.345.0191 Ceviche Tapas (6.7 miles) 95 Central Avenue N, 727.
Ricky P’s (6.4 miles) Cajun – 1113 Central Avenue N, 727.821.4061
Amenities aboard the Hunter 295 sailboat include:
- Reverse-cycle heat & air to provide comfort at dock
- A/C inverter to provide limited household power whi
- 12v DC Refrigeration that freezes food next to the cold plate
- 2 Burner Propane Cooktop Stove
- Fully outfitted galley with dinnerware, cookware, utensils, microwave, coffee maker, toaster oven, blender, salt/pepper, olive oil, garlic powder and
- Napkins, paper towels, toilet paper, quart storage bags, foil
- Inflatable dinghy with 4hp outboard (at additional cost)
- Room to sleep 6 w/queen-size aft berth, V-berth forward and two setee berths
- Hot and cold fresh water system with showers in the head and swim transom
- Large swim transom with ladder gives easy water access for swimming and diving
- Towels, Bed linens and Pillows for 4 people, more for families (for liveaboards)
- AIS/DSC equipped VHF-FM
- Handheld VHF
- Garmin moving-map GPS with depth sounder
- Raymarine Autopilot with heading hold and track to
Thank you for chartering with SmarterSail whether part of your ASA course or Captaining your own cruise
Singlehanded sailing is prohibited without prior permission and only granted to well-equipped and trained sailors
The sailboat will be available at 9am and be returned to dock no later than 1 hour before sunset for adaysail or 5pm, whichever is earlier. If you return to dock upto 30 minutes late, $50 will be charged against your damage deposit. Returning more than 30 minutes late will result in a $100 charge against your damage deposit.
Returning or navigation the sailboat after sunset will result in a $250 charge against your damage deposit, loss of insurance coverage and breach of your Agreement, and as such you will vacate the sailboat immediately. Please take a look at the Waiver, Skipper Responsibilities and Charter Release of Liability forms that we’ll sign those upon arrival. A $1,000 damage deposit will be authorized for the Hunter 295 and $700 for the Hunter 235 but not charged unless there is loss or damage. By reserving the sailboat you agree to abide by the above terms, Waiver and Release of Liability and Participant Release of Liability, Waiver of Claims, Assumption of Risks and Indemnity Agreement.
Participant Release of Liability, Waiver of Claims, Assumption of Risks and Indemnity Agreement SmarterSail Inc. In consideration of being allowed to charter a yacht or sailing vessel from SmarterSail Inc., its agents, owners, officers, skippers, crewmen, helmsmen, volunteers, participants, parent, sister or subsidiary corporations, employees, sales agents, booking agents, boat owners, sponsors, subcontractors and all other persons or entities acting in any capacity on their behalf (hereinafter collectively SMARTERSAIL), I hereby agree to release and discharge SMARTERSAIL on behalf of myself, my parents, my heirs, assigns, personal representative and estate as follows:
1. Inherent Risks I acknowledge that the activity of sailing or yachtchartering entails known and unanticipated risks that could result in physical or emotional injury, disability, death, or damage to myself, to property, or to third parties. I understand and acknowledge that the enjoyment and excitement of adventure activities and particularly ocean and water related activities is derived in part from inherent risks incurred by activity beyond the accepted safe
ty of life at home or in my normal day to day activities and that these inherent risks contribute to my enjoyment and excitement and are an integral reason for my participation. I understand that such risks simply cannot be eliminated without jeopardizing the essential qualities of the activity. I also understand and acknowledge that failing to use or properly use safety type equipment increases my risk of injury or of not surviving an accident or incident while sailing or chartering a yacht.
The inherent risks associated with the sailing or yacht charter in which I am about to voluntarily participate include, but are not limited to: people falling overboard, grounding the vessel,equipment failures, expected and unexpected wind conditions, accidental jibes, changing or unpredictable water flows, encountering submerged obstructions and/or water traffic. In addition - the inherent risks include: the boat or my body encountering tidal forces or currents, wave action or wakes; collisions with other participants, watercraft and/or other manmade objects such as docks, bridge abutments, etc; collisions with natural objects such as rocks, reefs, beaches, marinas or docks, etc.; wind shear (changes in windspeed or direction); the boat, myself or the mastsor sails being struck by lightning; the boat or myself capsizing or sinking; exposure to weather and/or marine or sea elements; injury and/or drowning; exposure to wild or dangerous or toxic marine life; equipment failure and/or defects; operator (which includes myself, the Boat Captain or anyone else participating in the activity) error; mental distress from exposure to any of the risks of the activity; and any and all other risks associated with sailing or the instruction of the yacht charter whether listed or not. I also acknowledge that while in the water I may become disoriented, panicked and/or experience trauma from rocks, reefs, etc; I can slip or fall during hiking or getting to and from the boat or yacht and I understand that the areas in which I might hike/walk sometimes hide dangerous obstacles such as marine life, docks, hot sand, sticks, etc..; accidents can occur getting on and off the boat; changing weather conditions, storms or even lightening are possible. exposure to the natural elements can be uncomfortable and/or harmful and I am aware that this exposurecould cause sunburn, dehydration, heat exhaustion, heat stroke, heat cramps or fatigue, some or all of which may diminish my or the other participants’ ability to react or respond; I understand that prolonged exposure to cold water can result in “cold water immersion” syndrome or “cold shock,”
hypothermia and in extreme cases death; communication in the marine environments in which this activity occurs is always difficult and in the event of an accident, rescue and medical treatment may not be immediately available.
I acknowledge that I AM ULTIMATELY RESPONSIBLE for my own safety during my participation in SMARTERSAIL events/activities. Furthermore, SMARTERSAIL Skippers/crewmen and helmsman (where applicable) have difficult jobs to perform. They seek safety, but they are not infallible. They might be ignorant of a charter participant’s fitness or abilities. They might misjudge the weather, the elements, or the terrain. They may give inadequate warnings or instructions and/or I as the participant may fail to understand the safety directions due to language issues. I specifically acknowledge that decisions made by skippers/c
rewman and helmsman and participants are often made in remote/dangerous settings and are made based on often imprecise, momentary and subjective perceptions so that decisions are subject to errorsin judgment that cannot and should not be associated with fault at a later point in time.
2. Express Assumption of Risk As lawful consideration for being allowed to participate in the charter activities offered by SMARTERSAIL, I expressly agree and promise on behalf of myself and any of the children for which I am responsible, to accept and assume all the risks existing in this activity. My/our participation in this activity is purely voluntary, and I/we elect to participate in spite of the risks. I/we expressly agree and acknowledge that the terms and conditions of this Release of Liability, Waiver of Claims, Assumption of Risks and Indemnity Agreement are contractual in nature and that I/we are signingit of our own free will.
3. Release and Waiver of Rights Including for Claims of NEGLIGENCE On behalf of myself and any of the children for which I am responsible I hereby voluntarily release, forever discharge, and agree to indemnify and hold harmless SMARTERSAIL from any and all claims, demands, or causes of action, which are in any way connected with my participation in this activity or my/our use of SMARTERSAIL’s boats, equipment or facilities, including any such Claims which allege negligent acts oromissions of SMARTERSAIL to full extent of the law.
4. Indemnity Should SMARTERSAIL or anyone acting on their behalf, be required to incur attorney’s fees and costs to enforce this agreement, I agree on behalf of myself and any of the children for which I am responsible to indemnify and hold them harmless (in other words, I agree to pay for...) all such defense fees and costs.
5. Personal Skill & Insurance I certify on behalf of myself and any of the children for which I am responsible that I/we have sufficient skill and fitness to participate in the charter activities offered by SMARTERSAIL. I further certify that I/we have no medical, mental or physical conditions which could interfere with my/our safety or ability to participate in these activities, or else I/we are willing to assume and bear the cost of all risks that may be created,
directly or indirectly, by any such condition. I/we further certify that I/we have adequate insurance to cover any injury, damage or emergency transportation or search and rescue costs I/we may cause or suffer while participating, or else agree to bear the costs of such injury, damage or emergency transportatio
n costs ourselves. I/we also agree to bear the costs of any damage or groundings we may cause to the vessel being chartered.
6. Medical Issues I agree on behalf of myself and any of the children for which I am responsible that, I/we acknowledge and recognize that, in the event that a Skipper/crewman or helmsman deems it necessary to administer emergency first aid or CPR or to remove me/us from its activities/charter or to seek emerge
ncy medical care for me/us that, by signing this document, I/we are giving SMARTERSAIL permission to: administer emergency first aid or CPR, secure emergency transport or medical care and/or disclose any medical information it may have about me/us to any health care provider which may become involved in my/our care, treatment or removal from the activity/charter. By signing this document I/we are waiving any right to object to orbring any type of action or claim
against SMARTERSAIL for its administration of emergency first aid or CPR or for securing emergency transport or medical care and/or for the disclosure of personal medical information it may have about me/us to any health related person who becomes involved in my/our care or removal from SMARTERSAIL activities
or the activity. I/we also recognize and acknowledge that, in the event of a bareboat charter, that no emergency medical assistance will be available to me from SMARTERSAIL
7. Photographic Assignment I understand that SMARTERSAIL reserves the right to take photographic or film (of whatsoever nature) records of any or all of its activities or charters and on behalf of myself and any of the children for which I am responsible I/we hereby agree that SMARTERSAIL may use such records for promotional and/or commercial purposes without any remuneration to me. I/we hereby assign all right, title and interest I/we may have in or to any and all media in which my name or likeness might be used by SMARTERSAIL.
8. Release as Contract and Personal Capacity On behalf of myself and any of the children for which I am responsible I expressly agree and acknowledge that the terms and conditions of this Release of Liability, Waiver of Claims, As sumption of Risks and Indemnity Agreement are contractual in nature and that I/we a
re signing it of my/our own free will. I/we expressly acknowledge that I/we are not under the influence of drugs or alcohol at the time of my/our signing of this document and that there are no other impediments or reasons why I/we would lack the capacity to enter into this contract with SMARTERSAIL
9. Forum Selection, Severability, Breach of Contract/Warranty Waiver, Etc. In the event I/we file a lawsuit against SMARTERSAIL, I/we agree to do so solely in the State of Florida,and I/we further agree that the substantive law of that state shall apply in that action without regard to the conflict of law rules of that state and I/we hereby irrevocably waive any other jurisdiction or venue to which I or my estate might otherwise have been entitled. I/we agree to submit to the jurisdiction of the Florida courts. I/we agree that if any portion of this agreement/contract is found to be void or unenforceable, the remaining portion shall remain in full force and effect; this document is intended to be interpreted as broadly as possible. A copy of this release contract can be used as if it were the original. I/we understand that this document constitutes the entire Agreement/Contract between ourselves and SMARTERSAIL that it cannot be modified or changed in any way by representations or statementsof any nature (be they vocal, advertising, etc.) outside of this document; in other words, I/we are also waiving any claims I/we might have for breach of contract or warranty for statements or representations made outside of this release contract.
10. Cancellation Fees and Policies. I/we agree to the cancellation fees and policies set forth in the SmarterSail Charter Policies. By signing this document, I acknowledge for myself and any of the children for which I am responsible that if anyone is hurt or property is damaged during my participation in t
his activity, I/we may be found by a court of law to have waived my/our right to maintain a lawsuit against SMARTERSAIL on the basis of any claim from which I/we have released them herein. I/WE HAVE HAD SUFFICIENT OPPORTUNITY TO INSPECT THIS ENTIRE DOCUMENT (Paragraphs 1-10 and policies outlined above).
I/WE HAVE READ AND UNDERSTOOD IT, AND I/WE AGREE TO BE BOUND BY ITS TERMS.